As I mentioned, I built this "as I went", meaning that I didnt design the complete go kart first and then build it, but rather, had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, and worked from there. I had to change the 'design' several times based on the materials I used and design 'flaws'.
Here is the sketch of what I wanted it to look like
(pencil doesn't scan too well)
I kept a sketch pad for ideas, and designs that popped in my head. Of coarse, the final design was not exactly as I thought it would be, but it was surprisingly close.
The two main parts needed for this project were and engine and a frame, and I needed to find some metal to use on the frame.
Yes, I could have bought the metal, but this was a budgeted project, so I looked around for some scrap metal. Fortunately I had a neighbor that was fixing up their house and had a pile of scrap metal from a railing they took down.
Perfect!! One inch square tubing, and pleanty of it.
I wish I took more pictures, but I always get distracted from building that I end up taking pictures at the end of the day.
So here are some pictures of the back end of the go kart.
This is my custom built go kart, that I built from scratch.
There were no plans used, and was constructed as I went.
Many thanks to all who helped with this project.
If you have any Questions, or want more detail, just leave a comment or email me.
REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK