This is my custom built go kart, that I built from scratch.
There were no plans used, and was constructed as I went.

Many thanks to all who helped with this project.


If you have any Questions, or want more detail, just leave a comment or email me.


REMEMBER TO BOOKMARK

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Design, Construct, Re-Design

As I mentioned, I built this "as I went", meaning that I didnt design the complete go kart first and then build it, but rather, had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, and worked from there. I had to change the 'design' several times based on the materials I used and design 'flaws'.

Here is the sketch of what I wanted it to look like
















(pencil doesn't scan too well)


I kept a sketch pad for ideas, and designs that popped in my head. Of coarse, the final design was not exactly as I thought it would be, but it was surprisingly close.


The two main parts needed for this project were and engine and a frame, and I needed to find some metal to use on the frame.
Yes, I could have bought the metal, but this was a budgeted project, so I looked around for some scrap metal. Fortunately I had a neighbor that was fixing up their house and had a pile of scrap metal from a railing they took down.
Perfect!! One inch square tubing, and pleanty of it.


I wish I took more pictures, but I always get distracted from building that I end up taking pictures at the end of the day.

So here are some pictures of the back end of the go kart.



2 comments:

nivin ahamed said...

i wish to make a kart.but the problem is with engines.what kind of engine will be suitable for this project.can i use moped engine. i also have doubt in drive tranformation to rear wheels.any need for Differential.can you please help me

Ahmed Cooper said...

looks great but i has a question about a part applied on the rear axe is this a small gearbox or what?